200 Scaife Hall
Rebecca Abromitis, MLS
Research & Instruction LibrarianLiaison to the School of Dental Medicine
Provide customized library instruction presentations by request
Provide reference services and database searches
Teach PubMed; Presenation Zen; Pecha Kucha; Velcro Instruction
Areas of Interest
- Dental medicine and oral health literature searching
- Evidence based practice
- Librarians as instructors
- Tests and measurement instruments
Selected Papers & Presentations
- Reusing electronic patient data for dental clinical research: a review of current status.
Song M, Liu K, Abromitis R, Schleyer TL.
J Dent. 2013 Dec;41(12):1148-63.
- Undead PubMed at the University of Pittsburgh
Klem ML, Abromitis R
in Marketing for Special and Academic Libraries: A Planning and Best Practices Sourcebook (pp. 112-114), P. Higgenbottom and V. Gordon, eds. Rowman & Littlefield, 2016.
- Building PROMIS item banks: librarians as co-investigators
Klem M, Saghafi E, Abromitis R, Stover A, Dew MA, Pilkonis P.
Qual Life Res. 2009 Sep;18(7):881-8.
- Assessing the information needs of psychiatric residents.
Abromitis RA, Saghafi E, Folb BL.
Acad Psychiatry. 2003; 27(2):100-3.
- Staff development planning in an academic health sciences library.
Hartman LM, Abromitis RA, Kuller AB, Epstein BA.
J Med Libr Assoc. 2005 Apr;93(2):271-7.