200 Scaife Hall
Kate Flewelling, MLIS
MAR Executive DirectorContent Lead for Clinical eCompanion (http://ecompanion.pitt.edu/)
Develop in person or online workshops and training session, with a special emphasis on NLM and NIH resources
responsible for leadership, development, administration, and evaluation of all Regional Medical Library programs for the Middle Atlantic Region.
Areas of Interest
- Health information outreach to unaffiliated health, minority health and mental health professionals, and the public health workforce
Classes & Workshops
- From Beyond Our Borders: Providing Multilingual and Multicultural Health Information
- Grants and Proposal Writing
- Health on the Range: Rural Health Issues and Resources
- PubMed and Beyond: Clinical Resources from the National Library of Medicine
Selected Papers & Presentations
- Communities in Crisis – How Can the Library Help?
Invited Workshop at the New York Library Association Annual Conference, Lake Placid, NY, 22 October 2015.
- EBP Searching
Invited workshop at Advancing Nursing: Developing Excellence in Evidence Based Practice and Research, Newark, DE, 6 November 2015.
- Information Resources to Support farmworker Health
Presentation for PA Office of Rural Health/PA Public Health Association Conference, Lancaster, PA, 7 April 2016.
- LGBT-Friendly Patient Education
Presentation at LGBT Health Workforce Conference: New Frontiers and Interprofessional Collaboration in LGBT Health, New York, NY, 30 April 2016.
- Library Outreach to Support Groups: A Case Study
K. W. Flewelling
Journal of Hospital Librarianship, 9(4), 362-371, 2009.