200 Scaife Hall
Mary Lou Klem, PhD, MLIS
Research & Instruction Librarian1. Liaison to the Pitt School of Nursing
2. Provide instruction on use PubMed and other databases
3. Instructor: nuts and bolts of systematic reviews for librarians
Areas of Interest
- Evidence based practice
- Systematic literature reviews
- User instruction and education
Selected Papers & Presentations
- 1. Role of video games in improving health-related outcomes: a systematic review
Primack BA, Carroll MV, McNamara M, Klem M, King B, Chan CW, Nayak S. (2012).
American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 42(6), 630-8.
- 2. Does therapeutic hypothermia benefit adult cardiac arrest patients presenting with non-shockable initial rhythms? : A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized and non-randomized studies.
Kim YM, Yim HW, Jeong SH, Klem ML, Callaway CW (2012).
Resuscitation, 83(2); 188-96.
- 3. Impact and user satisfaction of a clinical information portal embedded in an electronic health record.
Tannery NH, et al. (2011).
Perspectives in Health Information Management, 8;1d.
- 4. Building PROMIS item banks: librarians as co-investigators.
Klem ML, Saghafi E, Abromitis R, Stover A, Dew MA, Pilkonis P. (2009).
Quality of Life Research, 18; 881-8.
- 5. A description of a Web-based educational tool for understanding the PICO framework in evidence-based practice with a citation ranking system.
Larue EM, Draus P, and Klem ML. (2009).
CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing, 27; 44-49.