200 Scaife Hall
Lydia N. Collins, MLIS
MAR Consumer Health Coordinator
Areas of Interest
- Consumer Health (Access and Training)
- Health Disparities and Health Care Access
- Health Literacy (Program Development and Implementation)
- Health Outreach and Programming
- K-12 Health Information and Outreach
Selected Papers & Presentations
- Healthy Libraries Develop Healthy Communities: Public Libraries and Their Tremendous Efforts to Support the Affordable Care Act
Journal of Consumer Health on the Internet (19)1, 68-76. (2015)
- Teaching Partnerships: Collaborating with Librarians to Teach Critical Thinking Skills.
Collins, L.N. & Gutiérrez, M.
Presented at Lilly East Conference on College & University Teaching. Washington, D.C. (2011, June)
- Real World Solutions to Engage Learners: A Catalyst for Information Literacy
Gutiérrez, M. & Collins, L.N.
Presented at Metrolina: 6th Annual Information Literacy Conference. Charlotte, NC. (2011, June).
- Addressing the Needs of the Homeless: A San José Library Partnership Approach.
Collins, L.N., Howard, F., Miraflor, A.
The Reference Librarian 50(1), 109-116. (2009)
- Collaborative design: A learner-centered library planning approach.
Somerville, M.M. & Collins, L.N.
The Electronic Library 26(6), 803-820. (2008)