200 Scaife Hall
Patricia Weiss, MLIS
Reference & Information Technology Librarian
Areas of Interest
- Controlled vocabulary
- Evidence-based health care
- Medical informatics
- Social media for collaboration and reference services
Classes & Workshops
- EndNote Basics
- Google Scholar vs. MEDLINE for Health Sciences Literature Searching
- It's Good to Share: Collaboration Made Easier with Web-Based Tools
- Making a Dent in Your Paper Silo
- Managing News, Tables of Contents, and Blog Postings with RSS Feeds
Selected Papers & Presentations
- Development of a MeSH-based index of faculty research interests.
Friedman PW, Winnick BL, Friedman CP, Mickelson PC.
Proc AMIA Symp. 2000;(20 Suppl):265-9.
- Evidence-based resources and the role of librarians in developing evidence-based practice curricula.
Klem ML, Weiss PM.
J Prof Nurs. 2005 Nov-Dec;21(6):380-7.
- Supporting emerging disciplines with e-communities: needs and benefits.
Spallek H, Butler BS, Schleyer TK, Weiss PM, Wang X, Thyvalikakath TP, Hatala CL, Naderi RA.
J Med Internet Res 2008 Apr-Jun;10(2):e19.
- Supporting the emergence of dental informatics with an online community.
Spallek H, Irwin JY, Butler BS, Weiss PM.
Int J Comput Dent. 2007;10:247-264.
- Use of a MeSH-based index of faculty research interests to identify faculty publications: an IAIMSian study of precision, recall, and data reusability.
McKibbon KA, Friedman PW, Friedman CP.
Proc AMIA Symp. 2002; :514-8.