Use PITTCat for the Health Sciences to see an electronic subscription to a journal is available through HSLS or another Pitt library.
It is not always possible to link to the full text of an article from a
database, such as PubMed or Ovid. The most comprehensive source for
locating full-text articles is PITTCat for the Health Sciences, Pitt's
From the PITTCat
For further instructions:
- In the Search Term(s): box, enter the exact title, or at least the first few words, of the journal title.
- In the Search Limit: box, select All Electronic Resources.
- In the Search Type: box, select Journal Title Begins with.
- Click on the Search button.
- Results of the PITTCat search will tell you if the journal is available at any Pitt library in electronic format.
- If the journal is not available at any Pitt library, the PITTCat screen will read "PITTCat found no records that matched your search."
- If an article is not available online, a copy can be requested for a fee from the HSLS Document Delivery Service. This service is available to authorized HSLS users only.
Find the Full Text of an E-Journal Article Using PITTCat (Video 4:04)
Find the Full Text of an E-Journal Article Using PITTCat