Effective July 1, 2012, the University of Pittsburgh Health Sciences Library System (HSLS) will provide UPMC residents and fellows with the following services and resources:
- Access to E-Resources
UPMC residents/fellows will have hospital-based onsite access to the e-resources listed at the end of this document. Remote access to these resources is available through Connect@UPMC.
- Information Services
HSLS librarians will provide information services (e.g., reference consultations, literature searches) to UPMC residents/fellows in person, by telephone, or through the Ask-A-Librarian button on the HSLS Web site.
- Access to Falk Library of the Health Sciences
Access to Falk Library is open. UPMC residents/fellows may use onsite print books and public study areas. UPMC residents/fellows may borrow books in-person from the Falk Library circulating collection, using their gold Pitt ID cards. Residents/fellows are individually responsible for fines and fees incurred for materials that are not returned on time.
Laptops, iPads, or other media do not circulate to residents/fellows. UPMC residents/fellows are not eligible for accounts to log onto library computers or to reserve group rooms. Pitt guest wireless accounts are not available to UPMC residents/fellows while in the library. Interlibrary loan and document delivery services are also not available to residents/fellows.
- User Instruction
HSLS librarians will offer group instruction and orientations in Falk Library to residents/fellows from UPMC Presbyterian, UPMC Montefiore, and Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic.
UPMC residents/fellows may also attend HSLS scheduled classes and workshops.
E-Resources Available to UPMC:
- Access Medicine, Access Surgery
- ACP PIER & ACP Journal Club
- ISI Web of Science
- MEDLINE (Ovid)
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database
- NCME TV
- OT Search
- AMA Journals
- Elsevier ScienceDirect
- Individual clinical titles not in packages
- Mary Ann Liebert Online
- LWW (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins) Total Access Collection
- Medical Letter
- Journal packages licensed by University of Pittsburgh through the Northeast Research Libraries (NERL) Consortium, including BMJ journals, Clinical Evidence, Cambridge University Press Online, Cochrane Library/Evidence-Based Medicine, Nature, Oxford University Press Online, Research NOW (DeGuyter), Sage Premiere, Springer LINK, Thieme Medical Journals, Wiley-Blackwell Journals
- New England Journal of Medicine
- Ovid journals
- King Guide to Parenteral Admixtures
- Ovid E-Books
- MDConsult: Core, Pediatric & Surgery Collections
- Red Book (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- STAT!Ref Books
- Thieme Library
- Information Services