PoPMuSiC -- Prediction of Protein Mutant Stability Changes
What you can do:
Find information about the effect of mutations on protein stability.
- PoPMuSiC is a web-based tool for the computer-aided design of mutant proteins with controlled stability properties.
- It evaluates the changes in stability of a given protein or peptide under single-site mutations, on the basis of the protein's structure.
- It uses statistical potentials, based on a formalism that highlights the coupling between four protein sequence and structure descriptors, and take into account the amino acid volume variation upon mutation.
- The stability change is expressed as a linear combination of these energy functions, whose proportionality coefficients vary with the solvent accessibility of the mutated residue and are identified with the help of a neural network.
- protein mutation
- protein structure
- protein structure stability
- amino acid mutation
- single-site mutation
Literature & Tutorials:
This record last updated: 11-13-2009
- Journals & Articles
- More Resources
- Library Services
- How Do I?