Placing Materials on ReserveSubmit reserves online
- Instructors must submit a completed reserve request for the Falk Library main desk. A printable version is also available.
- Forms should be submitted at least three weeks prior to the date the materials will be needed. Without three weeks notice, availability of materials cannot be guaranteed.
- HSLS materials and personal copies of books and articles (up to five copies of each book/article) may be placed on reserve.
- At the end of term, HSLS materials will be re-shelved in the general collection; instructors must pick up personal copies.
Using Course ReservesView current HSLS course reserve lists
- Course reserves are available at the Falk Library main desk.
- Reserve items must be checked out with a valid University of Pittsburgh. (See HSLS borrowing policies for more information.)
- Reserve items may be checked out, depending on the specifications of the instructor,
- for two hours, in the library only.
- for two hours, outside the library.
- overnight, when checked out after 5 p.m. and returned by 8:30 a.m. the following day.
- Reserve items may not be renewed.
- Instructors may now include materials available in electronic form on their course reserve lists.
- Links to electronic reserve items appear on PITTCat reserve lists and enable students to access those items from most computers on the Pitt/UPMC networks or from home using Pitt's Secure Remote services. (Some limitations apply.)
- Instructors are required to place on reserve at least one print copy of each electronic reserve item.