Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the University of Pittsburgh is operating under a modified status.
Starting on August 31, 2020 Falk Library will be open Monday- Friday, 7am-6pm to support Main Desk activities, Pitt Print stations and a limited number of study spaces for students.
Visitors to the library will be required to show their valid Pitt ID and follow all University COVID-19 guidelines and best practices. For additional information, please see Falk Library’s Activity Area Plan.
HSLS’ wide array of research and information services and resources are available remotely during this time.
- Remote Access: Remote access is available to University of Pittsburgh users through Pitt’s remote access service. UPMC users are encouraged to use the streamlined UPMC Health Sciences Digital Library.
Once logged in remotely, you have quick access to clinical and research databases, full-text searching of e-books, A-Z access to online journals and licensed molecular biology software.
- Document Delivery: HSLS has an extensive collection, but if you need something we do not have online, Document Delivery Services is available to fill requests during this time.
- Research Support: Librarians are available through remote consultation to offer guidance on identifying resources, refining a search strategy, reviewing the literature and developing search methodology.
- Molecular Biology Information Service: Bioinformatics specialists are available through remote consultation to offer guidance on licensed software to support next gen sequencing, gene regulation, pathway analysis, microarrays, and genetic variation data analysis.
- Data Services: Data librarians are available through remote consultation to offer guidance to organize and describe your research data, write data management plans, create data visualizations, identify appropriate data repositories, cite datasets accurately, comply with data sharing policies and preserve your data for long-term access.
- Instruction: All HSLS classes have moved to a virtual environment. Sign up to receive a weekly email about upcoming HSLS classes, subscribe to the HSLS newsletter, or receive Molecular Biology Information Services email alerts.