- Windows and MAC computers for patron use are located on both floors of Falk Library
- A University Computing Account is required to log on to the computers
- Software availability can be searched and varies by location
- Book scanner and document feeder scanner available on upper floor
- Accessible software is available on all computers. Select computers have accessibility hardware.
- Assistance is available via the upper floor Technology Help Desk
Equipment and Media
Computer and scanner access in Falk Library
HSLS technology equipment available for borrowing
A Valid Pitt ID needed (Gold Cards excluded) for borrowing.
- Windows 10 laptops
- Surface Pro tablets
- Surface Pro stylus pens
- Virtual Reality headsets (limited to in-library use)
- HDMI cables
- Apple, USB-C, and microUSB charging cords
- Mobile power stations
- Laptop charging cords and battery packs
- Mac charging cords and display adapters
- Computer mice
- Lightboxes (limited to 1.5 hour borrowing)
- Flash drives (available for overnight borrowing)
Equipment Borrowing Limits
- Borrowed equipment may be used outside Falk Library.
- Borrowing period is 4 hours for all equipment except where noted.
- Renew equipment online. Most equipment can be renewed for an additional 4 hours.
- All equipment must be returned before the library closes.
Group study room equipment
- Video cables and remote controls may be borrowed for connecting a circulating or personal laptop to the in-room screen.
- Whiteboards can be brought into rooms but cannot block doorways. Please return markers and erasers to the Technology Help Desk.
- Media can be found via PITTCat for the Health Sciences
- DVDs are located on the Upper Floor near the journals.
- Media may be used in the library or checked out at the Main Desk