- Windows and MAC computers for patron use are located on both floors of Falk Library
- A University Computing Account is required to log on to the computers
- Software availability can be searched and varies by location
- Book scanner and document feeder scanner available on upper floor
- Accessible software is available on all computers. Select computers have accessibility hardware.
- Assistance is available via the upper floor Technology Help Desk
Equipment and Media
Computer and scanner access in Falk Library
HSLS technology equipment available for borrowing
Present your valid Pitt ID (Gold Cards excluded) to borrow technology equipment.
Our most popular technology can be borrowed from the Main Desk (entrance of library) or at the Technology Help Desk (upper floor of library):
- iMac Chargers
- iPhone Chargers
- Surface Pros
- Macbook Pros
- Portable Power Outlets
- Dell Laptops
- Light Therapy Boxes (limited to 1.5-hour borrowing / max 1 hour of use)
Visit the Technology Help Desk (upper floor of library) to borrow and receive assistance with:
- Virtual Reality Headsets (limited to in-library use)
- USB-C cords
- HDMI cords
- Laptop charger (interchangeable connections)
- USB to USB-C adapter
- Canon Camcorder
- Canon DSLR Camera
- Apple Pencils
- Surface Pens
- High-powered Laptops
- Portable Mini-Projectors
- Portable Projector Screens
- Computer Mice
- Flashdrives (24-hour borrowing)
Equipment Borrowing Limits
- Borrowed equipment may be used outside Falk Library.
- Borrowing period is 4 hours for all equipment except where noted.
- Renew equipment through your Pitt account in PittCat or through the HSLS online form . Most equipment can be renewed for an additional 4 hours.
- All equipment must be returned before the library closes.