This is a flipped class covering the more advanced topics in R programming for data analysis and the second part of a three-part series: Introduction to R; Data Wrangling in R, and Data Visualization in R. Upon registration, you will receive links to workshop materials (PowerPoint slides, lecture videos, and practice exercises) that you can view on your own schedule. During the hands-on in-person session, you will learn how to solve the exercise problems.
If you need a refresher, please complete the lessons covered in the first part available via the workshop guide.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Import and export data
- Merge datasets
- Transform data
- Create basic summaries of data
R users with a working understanding of R basics seeking more advanced skills for using R for data analysis and graphics.
Before taking this workshop, participants should be able to:
- identify components of R interface,
- perform simple calculations in R,
- identify and compare data types in R,
- use existing functions in R,
- write simple functions in R, and
- load external packages in R.