This is the first part of a three-part series: Introduction to R; Data Management in R, and Data Visualization in R. This is a flipped class covering the basics of R programming for data analysis and graphics. Upon registration, you will receive links to workshop materials (PowerPoint slides, lecture videos, and practice exercises) that you can view on your schedule. During the class, you will learn how to solve the exercise problems.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- identify components of the R interface
- perform simple calculations in R
- identify and compare data types in R
- use existing functions in R
- write simple functions in R
- load external packages in R
Target Audience: Novice R users or anyone seeking to learn how to use R for data analysis and graphics. Neither programming experience nor familiarity with R is required.