This workshop will cover the more advanced topics in R programming for data analysis and graphics. Upon completion participants will be able to:
- Import and export data
- Merge datasets
- Transform data
- Create basic summaries of data
Seats are limited. Preference will be given to faculty, students, and researchers in the schools of the health sciences (Medicine, Dental Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, and Public Health).
One week after this class we will host a follow-up session (11 am - 12:30 pm) to review the practice exercise questions distributed during the workshop. Registration is not required for the follow-up session. To attend, use the same Zoom link you received upon registration for the original workshop.
R users with a working understanding of R basics seeking more advanced skills for using R for data analysis and graphics.
Prior to taking this course participants should be able to:
- identify components of R interface,
- perform simple calculations in R,
- identify and compare data types in R,
- use existing functions in R,
- write simple functions in R, and
- load external packages in R.