Last Updated June 2020
Effective July 1, 2012, the University of Pittsburgh Health Sciences Library System (HSLS) will provide UPMC residents and fellows with the following services and resources:
- Access to E-Resources
UPMC residents/fellows will have hospital-based onsite access to the e-resources listed at the end of this document. Remote access to these resources is available through UPMC provided access. The UPMC Health Sciences Digital Library (HSDL) offers streamlined access to online journals, databases and other resources.
- Document Delivery Service
Document Delivery Service is subsidized for UPMC residents and fellows. For more information please see the Document Delivery for Residents and Fellows information on the HSDL.
- Information Services
HSLS librarians will provide information services (e.g., reference consultations, literature searches) to UPMC residents/fellows in person, by telephone at 412-648-8866, or through email at email@example.com.
- Access to Falk Library of the Health Sciences
Access to Falk Library is open. UPMC residents/fellows may use onsite print books and public study areas. UPMC residents/fellows may borrow books in-person from the Falk Library circulating collection. Residents/fellows are individually responsible for fines and fees incurred for materials that are not returned on time.
Laptops, iPads, or other media do not circulate to residents/fellows. UPMC residents/fellows are not eligible for accounts to log onto library computers or to reserve group rooms. Pitt wireless accounts are not available to UPMC residents/fellows while in the library.
- User Instruction
HSLS librarians will offer group instruction and orientations in Falk Library to residents/fellows from UPMC Presbyterian, UPMC Montefiore, and Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic.
UPMC residents/fellows may also attend HSLS scheduled classes and workshops.
- Document Delivery Service
E-Resources Available to UPMC:
- AccessMedicine, AccessPharmacy, AccessSurgery
- Cochrane Library/Cochrane Clinical Answers
- Exam Master
- MEDLINE (Ovid)
- Natural Medicines
- PsychiatryOnline including DSM-5 Library
- AMA Journals
- Elsevier ScienceDirect
- Individual clinical titles not in packages
- Karger Journals
- LWW (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins) Total Access Collection
- Mary Ann Liebert Online
- Medical Letter
- Journal packages licensed by University of Pittsburgh through the Northeast Research Libraries (NERL) Consortium, including BMJ Journals, Cambridge University Press Online, Nature, Oxford University Press Online, Sage Premier, Springer LINK, Thieme Medical Journals, Wiley-Blackwell Journals
- New England Journal of Medicine
- Ovid journals
- King Guide to Parenteral Admixtures
- MedOne Education (Thieme)
- Ovid E-Books
- R2 Library
- Red Book (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- STAT!Ref Books
- Wiley Online Library