To schedule a consultation with an HSLS librarian about assistance with a comprehensive literature review (such as a systematic review), complete the form below. The form below must be completed by the primary investigator for the review project (no students or staff, please).
Consultations are only available for primary investigators who are:
- Pitt faculty with primary appointments within a school of the health sciences, or
- UPMC residents or fellows affiliated with the UPMC Office of Graduate Medical Education
If this request is for a project that will be conducted by a student or post-doctoral fellow under the guidance of a Pitt health sciences faculty member:
- The student must be currently enrolled in one of the schools of the health sciences
- The form must be completed by the student’s faculty advisor
At this time we are unable to accept consultation requests from faculty with primary affiliations outside Pitt schools of the health sciences.
- We require submission of a detailed protocol from all eligible patrons who request assistance with a comprehensive review. Once you have submitted the request form below, you will receive additional information about this requirement.
- Protocols will be peer reviewed by members of the SR Program and patrons may be required to revise their protocols before an HSLS librarian is assigned to the review project.
- The HSLS SR Program may decline a patron request for assistance with a review project due to limited librarian availability, concerns about project feasibility, and/or failure to address HSLS peer reviewer comments or requests